Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Girls

After a very dumpy and curvy drive thru the mountains back to Sofia, we are in our hotel and will be leaving at 4:45 am in the morning to catch our 7:00 am flight home.  It has been a wonderful week!

 I have had a special relationship with 2 girls which was establish the first year I came to the orphanage in 2008.  They were 12 and 15 yeas old then. They are now 20 and 23years old.  Both are out on their own. Katya is living in Lom with her boyfriend and her boyfriends parents.  She is expecting a baby in October.  Nikolina lives in a near by village with her husband and little girl Vicky.  They have a small dairy farm.  Nikolina's husband speaks English and I told him about the family Shirley Show Cattle business back in Commerce. I gave him a Shirley Feed & Seed hat to wear on his Bulgarian farm.  He said " Great, now Shirley Feed & Seed has gone international!"

I keep up with both the girls through Facebook during the year, especially Nikolina.  We talk, via Google translator" several times a week and she  sends me pictures of her and  daughter Vicky.  The Bulgarian word for grandmother is BaBa.  The first time I saw them on Thursday, There were hugs and kisses all around and little Vicky was calling me BaBa.  Yes....that melted my heart!  She is such a smart little girl and her father is teaching her English.  She is only 3 years old but has a great vocabulary of English.  She also stayed up with Nikolina and I after 11:00 pm each night visiting and she never cried or got fussy.  She does not have a lot of children to play with where they live so she was enjoying all the attention.  She also took to Beth, from England, and cried when she had to go home.


No matter who we are, where we live, or our circumstances, we all want to be loved and valued.  I am grateful these girls and all the children along the way have come into my life. It has been a blessing to my life.  I carry them in my heart until we meet again!

Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment